Friday 4 February 2011

G-anime!

This year, I have the honour of being Guest Author at G-Anime in Gatineau!  It's my first anime con, too, so it's doubly fun!

This is where I'll officially be:

Saturday, February 5

12pm
Comment créer un personnage convainquant

1pm
How to develop plot in fiction

3pm
Making realistic characters

Sunday, February 6

1 pm
Writer's Block and how to deal with it

I'm sharing all of my English panels with writer and illustrator Jay Odjick.  You might even say I'm stalking him.  Poor Jay. 

Aside from that, I'll be around the con taking in the sights and sounds.  I'm knee-deep in writing, too, so I'll probably be sitting in random spots from time to time with my trusty MacBook Air, Utnois.  Fire me off an e-mail if you're planning on being around, or hunt me down at the con!  Um, without weapons, to be clear.  I'm still recovering from the shock of armed Klingons coming after me at Con*Cept.  A girl can only take so much excitement, thank you very much.

7 comments:

  1. Still trying to figure out a good name for my own MacBook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's Haelie, one of the kids that showed up to the empty panel room. :P

    I really enjoyed your panels with Jay and you've both inspired me to get back into writing! You were both amazing and funny panel hosts and I look forward to reading your books. It was really nice meeting you, even though we didn't really get much of a chance to say goodbye.
    I hope next year you'll come back and host again! Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Haelie!

    That is absolutely the best comment to receive after a panel. I'm glad you're inspired to get back into writing! Jay and I had a blast, and I'm definitely planning on coming back next year and continuing to stalk him. It was too much fun not to do it again! I'll be at Anime North, too. If you planning on going, drop by and say hi! Let me know how the writing's going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marie! I'll try to follow you from here from now on :) I was one of you co-panelist in the panel about making better characters ,the one with the red wig :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome hair! It was great to meet you, and I hope the rest of your panels were better attended! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodie, now to keep her busy at An... Hmmm, ....

    F.

    ReplyDelete